Conor McGregor offers €50,000 cash reward for information on pub attack

McGregor’s Black Forge Inn was attacked in January with police subsequently launching an investigation into the incident

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Cian Cowley opens up about Conor McGregor’s first spar back

Conor McGregor has offered €50,000 in cash to anyone who can identify an individual who was loitering near his Dublin pub the night it was attacked.

McGregor’s £2million Black Forge Inn boozer was attacked with petrol bombs in January with witnesses claiming to have seen two people on scooters near the venue. Nobody was hurt in the attack and the pub itself was not damage.

The Irish police launched an investigation but McGregor, 33, took to social media to plea for help. “Hey guys! I have a 50k reward cash in all 100 crisp untouched note,” he wrote. “Not a wrinkle on them. The no wrinkle green backs. I call them yum-yums. For whoever tells us who this little deli-chicken head is. The walk, run, and scrawny build all very distinctive. Nothing will be said, but done. Reach out to who can reach me. Look forward to doing business.”






Conor McGregor’s social media post

McGregor later deleted the message but not before it was circulated online. The former two-weight world champion also posted CCTV footage which shows the individual walking into an area near the pub before a flare is seen and the person leaves in a hurry. The footage is dated January 12 of this year, the night the pub was attacked and the time stamp shows 11.20pm.

Later on Monday, McGregor posted a message on social media which suggested his appeal had been successful. “Wow, that was quick,” he wrote. “Thank you so much Good Samaritan.”

At the time of the attack, a spokesperson for McGregor’s pub said: “After hours last night it appears that criminals made an unprovoked effort to inflict damage to the Black Forge Inn. ‘There was no damage done to any patrons, employees or the Forge and Mr McGregor was not on the premises at the time of the incident. The Gardai have opened an investigation into the event.”

McGregor is currently completing his recovery from the broken leg he suffered in his third fight with Dustin Poirier last summer. He is planning to return to the UFC this summer and intends to do so at welterweight having previously won the featherweight and lightweight belts.

McGregor has called out the 170lb champion Kamaru Usman but the Nigerian is set to face British star Leon Edwards on July 2. A more realistic proposition for McGregor would be a third fight with long-time rival Nate Diaz.

Read More

Read More

Comments are closed.