Encarnacao and Gannon lead first place in women’s track and field at the Skyhawk Invitational
SENIOR DAY PHOTOS
Gannon was one of two first-place finishers on Saturday afternoon (photo courtesy of Sports Pix).
EASTON, Mass. (April 30, 2022)- It was on a day when the Stonehill women’s track and field team had 14 top-five finishes Kaytlin Encarnacao and Casey Gannon who overtook the Skyhawks with two first places. Encarnaco took first place in the 400 meter dash and Gannon took a first place in the 400 meter hurdles. Overall, Stonehill finished third on the day with 103 points. Only the University of Rhode Island (135.5 points) and Holy Cross (231 points) were ahead of the Skyhawks.
It was also Seniors’ Day, with Stonehill honoring its eight seniors: Isabella Angelini, Abigail CreamerCasey Gannon, Jillian Howard, Isabella Kennedy, Savanna Macaluso, Claire Maurerand Krista Stracqualursi.
- Encarnacao clinched her fourth first place finish in the 400m of the season when she crossed the finish line in 58.20 seconds. Every time she has participated in this event during the outdoor season, Encarnacao has taken first place. Her time in the 400m is the fifth fastest in the world Northeast 10 Conference. Encarnacao was also running for third place in the 200-meter dash when she posted a personal best of 25.97.
- Gannon achieved her fourth top 3 finish (two first places) in the 400 meter hurdles when she crossed the finish line in 1:04.98. Gannon also competed in the 100 meter hurdles with a top 10 finish (sixth) at 15.25 seconds.
- In the 1500 meters, Stonehill saw three top 10 finishes, led by Howard placed third when she set a personal record of 4:42.96. Her strong finish is also the third best in the NE10. Not far behind was fifth place Victoria Lombardi at 4:57.88 and rounding out the top 10 Caitlin Swanson in ninth place (5:00.76). Just outside the top 10 Rebekah Erhard who posted a time of 5:03.02 for 13th place in her first-ever participation in the event.
- In field competitions, Angelini placed second in the javelin throw when she had a throw of 35.09 meters. Kaley Enright came back in fifth place with a throw of 33.65 meters.
- Stracqualursi competed in three field events and had top 10 finishes in two of three. Stracqualursi finished third in the shoutput with a throw of 12.23 meters and sixth in the discus throw (35.07 meters). Stracqualursi ended her day in 14th place in the hammer throw (37.00 meters).
- Creamer was the only Skyhawk in the triple jump, posting a top five finish (fourth) with a jump of 10.44 meters.
- In the 100-meter hurdles, five Stonehill runners tied with Gannon in the top 10: Madison Rousseau (fourth – 14.69 seconds), Creamer (seventh – 15.34 seconds), Macaluso (eighth – 15.51 seconds – personal best) and finally Cassidy Becker (10.-15.72 seconds).
- Madison Gunderway continued her strong newcomer campaign and set a new personal record in the hammer throw with 43.82 meters (seventh place). Her litter at today’s meeting is currently in the top 5 of the NE10 (fourth).
- Stonehill saw two top 10 finishes in the pole vault Haley Lightbody and Abigail Larson who finished fifth (3.05 meters) and eighth (2.90 meters).
- The Stonehill 4×100 relay team, consisting of Macaluso, Rousseau, Ashley Warrenand Encarnacao, finished third with 48.90 seconds.
- Soraja Dimensions was the sole runner in the 100m for Stonehill and finished sixth with a career best time of 13.03 seconds.
- During the 800 meters, the Skyhawks allowed three runners to cross the finish line starting in the top 10 Claire Maurer (Fourth) at 2:21.43, just behind Mason was Emma Lawrence (Fifth) with a time of 2:21.52 and finally Megan Sambrook (eights) at 2:23.88.
Stonehill is back in action on Friday, May 6 when the Skyhawks host the NE10 Outdoor Track and Field Championships.
Follow the Skyhawks on social media for the latest information on Stonehill Athletics Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can download them too Stonehill Skyhawk’s Front Row mobile appoperated by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.