Kamloops wins in overtime to take a 3-2 straight lead over Thunderbirds
Daylan Kuefler scored in overtime to lead the Kamloops Blazers to a 4-3 win over the Seattle Thunderbirds in Game 5 of the Western Hockey League’s Western Conference Finals Friday night.
The Blazers have a 3-2 lead in the series. Game 6 is Sunday in Kent.
• Jarred Kelenic was 4 for 4 with a homer, triple and an RBI, but the Rainiers lost to the visiting Las Vegas Aviators 6-2.
• SpencerPackard was 2 for 5 with a Hoer and two RBI, and Cole Barr was 2 for 4 with a homer and two RBI, but visiting Everett AquaSox lost to the Spokane Indians 15-7.
• The Washington women’s rowing team saw all three teams advance straight to the semifinals on day one of the NCAA Rowing Championships in Sarasota, Fla., winning two of three heats – while finishing second in the other.
• Seattle Pacific rowed past western Washington to finish second at the NCAA Division II championships in Sarasota, qualifying for Saturday’s grand finals.
• Employed in Washington State Sophie Aagaard coach his women’s team. She spent the last seven seasons at Cal Poly.
• Washington’s RJ Manke shot a 4-over-74 on day one of the NCAA Championships in Scottsdale, Arizona. He’s four strokes away from the top 10.
• The Seawolves defeated the Houston Sabercats 43-36 at Starfire Sports Complex but were eliminated from the playoff chase. The Seawolves wrap up the season June 5 in Los Angeles.