Tottenham’s Harry Kane could skip practice to force Spurs to move
Euro 2020 and Copa America are over and the summer transfer window is open, so Europe’s biggest clubs can make a splash in the market. Check out the latest gossip below and see all the official offers here.
TOP STORY: Kane could skip practice to force Spurs to switch
The Telegraph has suggested that Tottenham Hotspur striker Hot Harry Kane could skip training to force a move to Manchester City.
However, The Athletic report that a move to Chelsea might actually be more likely for the England international.
It is unknown how the local star would feel if he joined Spurs’ rivals, but the report says the package offered by the Blues is the most appealing to Spurs CEO Daniel Levy.
Levy thinks that a deal with Chelsea could be more realistic as a player-plus-cash deal is possible, including someone like Tammy Abraham, who offers what Spurs positionally would need if Kane were to leave.
In addition to doubts as to whether Kane would like to dare to move across London, the Blues have not yet had any concrete action.
City are still interested in the 27-year-old but there are doubts they’ll be willing to pay what Levy needs to let the Spurs talisman go.
Gabriel Jesus, Bernardo Silva, Raheem Sterling, Aymeric Laporte and Riad Mahrez were all mentioned as possible Man City inclusions for a deal related to Kane.
– Stream ESPN FC daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant access
– AS Roma and Internazionale both show interest in Manchester United left-back Alex Tellesas reported by Calciomercato. Jose Mourinho’s team is looking for someone to replace the injured Leonardo Spinazzola, while Inter’s attempts to sign the Brazilian could rest on Ivan Perisics Future, with the possibility that the Croat will leave this summer.
– Lyon are working on a loan deal for the Barcelona center-back Samuel Umtiti, reports Diario Sport. The Ligue 1 team could not afford a permanent contract and are hoping to bring the French back to his former club, paying 50% of his salary in the process. It is not known if Barcelona will accept this as they want to tackle their own financial problems.
– Tottenham hope to sign Atalanta goalkeepers Pierluigi Gollini, after Calciomercato. It is believed that Fabio Paratici may be interested in loaning the 26-year-old for two years, with the right to make the move permanent after that. Inter and Atletico Madrid are also interested.
– Brighton & Hove Albion could try to sign the Barcelona frontman Martin Braithwaite with the money brought in for Ben White, who has been linked to a move to Arsenal, Diario Sport reports. However, it is suggested that the 30-year-old, who represented Denmark at Euro 2020, would prefer to join West Ham United or Wolverhampton Wanderers. Barcelona want to bring in 15 million euros for him.
– After spending last season with West Bromwich Albion, 21 years old Conor Gallagher is on loan from Chelsea again this season, reports The Sun. It is reported that Crystal Palace and Newcastle United are the ones hoping to get him. The Blues aren’t ready to let the midfielder go permanently, however.